We are thrilled to have you share your journey and what you have achieved as part of our OPTAVIA Community. You are a powerful living example of how OPTAVIA can help change lives and you are an inspiration to others. We are so excited for you to share your story and watch it resonate with others.
We also want to make sure that you share OPTAVIA compliantly, to ensure that we keep the Coach Community safe. Here are some important Dos and Don’ts for Coaches who want to share their stories of success with OPTAVIA.
- DO be honest, don’t embellish, exaggerate, or falsify your success story.
- DO use the appropriate income disclaimers when sharing your success with the OPTAVIA business opportunity. See below for examples.
- DO keep it personal, refrain from sharing stories about other Coaches, especially when it comes to income claims.
- DO set reasonable expectations. It took hard work and effort to be successful in growing your business.
- DO focus on how much fun you have with your Coaching business and helping your Clients achieve their goals.
- DO focus on the supplemental income opportunity and avoid describing OPTAVIA as replacing full-time employment or providing financial freedom– success is time-consuming and most Coaches will only earn supplemental income.
- DON’T share how much you earned with OPTAVIA.
- DON’T share how long it took you to make certain ranks or financial goals.
- DON’T guarantee results or suggest that your level of success is likely. Not everyone will have the same level of success as you.
Making the Proper Disclaimers
- Income disclaimers should be clear and easy to see.
- Disclaimers should always accompany the text of your posts – don’t use small fonts or rely on links.
- The more atypical your success with OPTAVIA, the more prominent your disclaimers should be. For example, if you were among the top .1% of earners, you should specifically call attention to how unique you are (explain that you are the exception, not the norm).
- Use the following “Typical Income Disclaimer” when sharing personal stories of typical or average success with OPTAVIA, such as providing the opportunity to help with paying for soccer camp, groceries, or help with a car payment, etc.:
- “OPTAVIA makes no guarantee of financial success. Success with OPTAVIA results from successful sales efforts, which require hard work, diligence, skill, persistence, competence, and leadership.”
- Use the following “Atypical Income Disclaimer” when sharing personal stories of atypical success with OPTAVIA, such as providing the opportunity to take a European vacation, pay off a mortgage, invest in a vacation home, etc.:
- “This income testimonial may not be representative of the average earnings that Coaches achieve with OPTAVIA; only a very small number of Coaches will achieve income that is within the range of this testimonial. OPTAVIA makes no guarantee of financial success. Success with OPTAVIA results only from successful sales efforts, which require hard work, diligence, skill, persistence, competence, and leadership.”
- If sharing your success verbally, please make sure to give the appropriate disclosures regarding your success. For example:
- “This is my personal story. Clearly, I have been fortunate to have success as a Coach with OPTAVIA, but there is no guarantee of financial success and very few Coaches achieve the results that I did. Success with OPTAVIA results from successful sales efforts, which require hard work, diligence, skill, persistence, competence, and leadership.” OR:
- “What I’ve been discussing is my story. I’ve worked hard and been fortunate to be successful as a Coach with OPTAVIA. But, there are no guarantees of financial success with OPTAVIA. In fact, only a small number of Coaches achieve the results that I did. What it took for me to be successful in my sales efforts with OPTAVIA was hard work, diligence, skill, persistence, competence, and leadership.”
- Don’t imply that Coaching will be able to replace income lost due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Making false or exaggerated statements or failing to make the proper disclaimers can result in serious consequences including, monetary penalties by the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) in addition to potential disciplinary action (up to termination for your business for repeat offenders) against your Coach business by OPTAVIA.
- Be sure to contact the OPTAVIA Compliance Team, SGCompliance@OPTAVIA.com if you have any questions or concerns.